Spring Wildflowers

11:45 AM

When spring returns I am typically out birding or in search of amphibians and reptiles.   (As an side note so far I have heard 6 different species of frogs calling this spring.  The most recent addition to the chorus here in the Greater Toronto Area are the Gray Treefrogs and American Toads.)  While I have been out admiring the birds and the herps, I have also really enjoyed the wildflowers in the forest adding pops of colour to the monotonously brown forest floor.   Below are some of some of my finds thus far.  To see all of the photos check my Flickr page: www.flickr.com/photos/naturatours

Downy Yellow Violets
Downy Yellow Violets
White Trillium
White Trillium
White Trillium
Trout Lily
Trout Lily
Trout Lily
Trout Lily
Virginia Spring Beauty
Virginia Spring Beauty
Red Trillium
Red Trillium
Red Trillium
May-Apple
May-Apple
Large-flowered Bellwort
Large-flowered Bellwort
Large-flowered Bellwort
Hepatica
Hepatica
Hepatica
Early Meadow-rue
Blue Cohosh
Click Beetle

Happy Spring!

~ Kristen Martyn

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautiful photos, Kristen! I love the photos of the Red Trillium!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Charlotte! :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe