Komodo Islands Birding

10:35 AM

My brother, David, has been traveling for the past month in Thailand and Indonesia. Currently he is in the Komodo Islands scuba diving and seeking out those massive land reptiles the Komodo Dragons (hopefully he will send some photos). David is not a birder per say but enjoys wildlife, and I encouraged him to send me any bird photos he could take. A few days ago he emailed to me the below picture of a bird (which I cropped into a closer shot also below). I was thrilled he had the chance to see a White-bellied Sea-Eagle (Haliaeetus leucogaster), also known as the White-Bellied Fish-Eagle. Great spot Dave (for a non-birder)!



White-Bellied Sea-Eagle



White-Bellied Sea-Eagle

If you would like to send us bird photos like these from your adventures, please do so and they may just end up on our blog!

Happy Birding!

~ Kristen Martyn


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am so jealous of your brother!! Definitely post pics of Komodos please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's right! These things are really abundant in Komodo Park; everything is abundant in Komodo Park. This will be the highlight of my trip. This place is VERY special.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe